Monday, October 11, 2010

Arrival

Arrived in Mumbai Friday morning. Ruck sacks too heavy to carry; have hired a sherpah for the duration of our stay in Indiah. First hotel offered us a shoe-box sized bedroom with a ceiling of only 5'11'' which, at 6', I did not find ideal and a tautological "communal, shared bathroom." Managed one night before moving.
V hot and sticky in Mumbai so getting internal flight to Ladakh in the north in an attempt to stem the flow of brine from our pores, do some trekking and experience altitude sickness.

No complaints so far!

xxx

7 comments:

  1. Same same but different...... Looking forward to seeing you in Goa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived safe and sound. Love the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dahhhlings!

    What fun! Drink Chai - there's lots of chai!!

    I am so jealous... and laughing about the ridiculous rooms - aah Indiah!
    Love you both - have a blast and keep us posted! xx A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't have any ice, 'fresh' vegetables or for that matter anything indian otherwise you'll sit in the same place for three days and lose a lot of weight. LOL Gwyneth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there you too, Congratulations on your decision to up and go.. I am so envious. We shall be thinking of you and wishing you all the luck in the world. I hope you find laughter and happiness as well as some peace. Enjoy... xx Sara, Jack and Jessica in sunny Jersey.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome, enjoy your time. 'I went to Injia in my gap year and found myself. Sadly I forgot to exchange adresses....

    Love from Nicky & I from a rainy London

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love your blog!!We are now snowed in & so out comes the Luge to speed down our drive at 40 mph!
    Lots of love, Jem & Pippa.xx

    ReplyDelete